Submission Preparation Checklist
Before you submit, ensure that your manuscript complies with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration with another journal.
- The submission file is in a PDF file format.
- The submission adheres to the suggested length per subject:
- Short Communications: 250-1000 words
- Core Writing: 2000-4000 words
- Full-Length Essays: 6000 words max
- The text is double-spaced; uses 12-point serif font; has 1-inch margins; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are included and labeled per your discipline’s style guide.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements per your discipline’s style guide.
- The submission includes:
- Your manuscript
- Your application (including faculty mentor form)
- Your 250-word abstract
- Your 150-word biography
- IRB approval, if indicated